ALG needs your support to fund our programs
The African Leadership Group is an inclusive nonprofit organization that serves African immigrant communities, and also strives to make economic, social and educational impact through the fostering of community leaders.
All of our programs operate locally, so your support will directly impact people in the greater Aurora and Denver metropolitan areas.
Colorado Gives Day and how to donate
Colorado Gives Day is an annual statewide event to celebrate and increase philanthropy in Colorado through online giving. Donations are accepted through ColoradoGives.org.
Although the official date is December 6, 2022, you can schedule your donation NOW here!
Highlights of our efforts in 2022
2022 was another year of growth and program expansion for ALG. We continue to run longstanding and successful programs that serve our community, while frequentlty adding new offerings as demand and need dictates
Your generous donation will help continue to grow the following programs and much more:
- ALG’s Youth Empowerment initiative launched an Education Scholarship program in 2021. This program helps to offset the education cost of students attending a two-four-year higher education institute. A $25,000 grant from Pacific Western Bank helped 12 scholarship recipients attend a wide range of colleges and universities, including CSU-Fort Collins, Howard University, University of Denver, Cornell University, Baylor University to name a few.
- ALG’s Business & Economic Opportunity committee launched two six-week, intensive entrepreneurship workshops for current and aspiring business owners. This program was funded by Amazon.
- ALG’s Homeownership & Financial committee hosts quarterly workshops to help the community members build generational wealth and become a homeowner.
- ALG’s Youth Empowerment committee continues to offer an after-school tutoring program for community members with students from 2nd to 12th grade. This platform offers homework help in core subjects (math, reading, writing, science and social studies) connecting with live tutors online twice a week.
- ALG’s Health & Wellness committee organized a Health Fair, in partnership with 365 Health, formerly 9Health Fair that was held at Overland High School, in Aurora, Colorado. More than 200 people of all ages attended, some received their blood work, vaccines and others took advantage of free screenings such as blood pressure, BMI, Ask a Medical Question, Diabetes Risk Assessment, Stress Assessment, and much more.
- This is our 2nd year of our newly launched initiative, Leadership Africa, that provides long-term benefits to our community and to all Coloradans. This leadership program helps to unleash the brilliance that shines from our people, be they just beginning their careers or already deeply immersed in their professional lives. Leadership Africa is a professional and civic leadership development program that encourages participants to take on greater community and professional leadership roles by creating a valuable opportunity for gaining leadership skills, building self-awareness, personal development and professional growth, and learning about local systems and institutions.
The African Leadership Group has 10 core initiatives:
- Afrik Impact
- Health & Wellness
- Education & Youth
- Financial & Homeownership
- Business & Economic Development
- Public Speaking
- Career and Economic Advancement
- Women Empowerment
Donate to African Leadership Group to show your support
The African Leadership Group since its inception has hosted many well-received events and programs, all due to the support of our communities, local organizations and individuals like you. But our work is not done! Your contribution will help us continue to provide these programs, celebrate our collective accomplishments and recognize our community champions.