ALG needs your support to fund our programs
The African Leadership Group is an inclusive nonprofit organization that serves African immigrant communities, and also strives to make economic, social and educational impact through the fostering of community leaders.
All of our programs operate locally, so your support will directly impact people in the greater Aurora and Denver metropolitan areas.
Colorado Gives Day and how to donate
Colorado Gives Day is an annual statewide event to celebrate and increase philanthropy in Colorado through online giving. Donations are accepted through ColoradoGives.org. On November 20, 2020, Governor Polis proclaimed December 8, 2020 as Colorado Gives Day.
Although the official date is December 8, 2020, you can schedule your donation NOW at www.ColoradoGives.Org/USALG.
Highlights of our effort in 2020
2020 has been a year with unique challenges. The African Leadership Group has shifted its focus to meet the changing needs of the community.
- We’ve switched to virtual format for most of our events, and dedicated our program focus to connecting our communities with the resources they need. We have provided business owners with valuable information about local, state and federal grants and loan programs. We have also provided students with computers and hotspots to facilitate their adjustment to online schooling.
- Earlier this year we were able to secure funds and help community members experiencing financial hardship amid the COVID-19 pandemic through our Cash Assistance Program.
- Through our partnerships with various organizations, we implemented a meal delivery program through which we have been able to provide more than 300 meals on a weekly basis since March..
- Working with our partners such as Colorado Black Health Collaborative, our Health and Wellness Committee provided free COVID-19 tests in June and Flu-shot Vaccines earlier this month.
- In research of solutions to the immediate needs of the students and parents, facing the educational challenges that COVID-19 has forced us into, we put in place an Online Schooling Support Program and an After School Tutoring Program. Read about the program here and here.
- The Financial & Homeownership Program was designed to not only prepare our community members to build their own home equity but also to facilitate the development of the generation wealth of this community.
- In the month of August 2020, we hosted three events during the Afrik Impact Program: Educational Forum, Business & Economics Forum, and Community Evening of Healing, all focusing on how our community can better respond to the COVID-19 challenges and opportunities. Governor Polis proclaimed August 2020 as the African Immigrant Month during the ALG Business & Economics Forum.
- We realize that change comes through representation, hence our motto, “if you’re not at the table, you’re on the menu!” This is why, despite the ongoing pandemic, we continued our successful Public Speaking Class, started Leadership 101 and are gearing up for Leadership Africa! These leadership programs will help prepare members of our community to take on the multifaceted issues that we face on a day to day basis.
The African Leadership Group has 10 core initiatives:
- Afrik Impact
- Health & Wellness
- Education & Youth
- Financial & Homeownership
- Business & Economic Development
- Career Advancement
- Women Empowerment
Donate to African Leadership Group to show your support
The African Leadership Group since its inception has hosted many well-received events and programs, all due to the support of our communities, local organizations and individuals like you. But our work is not done! Your contribution will help us continue to provide these programs, celebrate our collective accomplishments and recognize our community champions.