High school seniors with good grades should not miss this opportunity: The Daniels Fund Scholarship Program is accepting applications through November 15.
The scholarship provides recipients with up to $25,000 per year for tuition at any accredited, nonprofit college or university in the United States. The Daniels Fund determines the precise amount of each award based on family income, as well as other scholarships and grants.
You can find the application here.
According to the Daniels Fund:
The Daniels Scholarship Program provides the opportunity for highly motivated students to earn a bachelor’s degree that helps them build a successful career and rewarding life. Daniels Scholars demonstrate exceptional character, leadership, and a commitment to serving their communities. Bill Daniels would also want his scholars to be proud Americans who value our free enterprise system and are prepared to give the world their very best shot.
The Daniels Scholarship Program offers a comprehensive, four-year college scholarship that provides financial and personal support focused on helping Daniels Scholars succeed in college, and in life. The Daniels Scholarship can be used at any accredited nonprofit college or university in the United States.
To qualify, students must:
- Be a graduating high school senior in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, or Wyoming
- Be a resident of one of these four states and a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Earn a minimum 3.0 high school GPA (on an unweighted 4.0 scale)
- Earn a minimum SAT Math score of 490 and a minimum Evidence-Based Reading & Writing score of 490, or a minimum ACT score of 18 in each category (writing score not required). Super scoring is not accepted.
- For students who were unable to take the SAT or ACT due to COVID-19 cancellations, they are eligible to apply with a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.3 in high school (on an unweighted 4.0 scale), and do not need to provide standardized test scores.
- The applicant’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must have an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $85,000 or less on the 2019 tax return on which the applicant appears. For claimed dependents beyond the applicant, there is an allowance for an additional $5,000 for each dependent or $15,000 for each additional dependent in college full-time.
The African Leadership Group urges high school seniors active in our programs to take this opportunity and apply for the scholarship. Being awarded a Daniels scholarship goes a long way toward paying for college. Furthermore, it is a prestigious honor that looks great on a résumé.