International Volunteer Day is on December 5th. The African Leadership Group team would like to take this opportunity to thank our volunteers, welcome new volunteers, and announce and encourage all to apply to our new volunteer program.
Why African Leadership Group?
African Leadership Group’s mission is to help the African diaspora integrate and prosper by connecting cultures, developing strong community leaders, and advocating for economic, social and educational impact.
The African Leadership Group has a unique vision to advocate for the entire African immigrant community across national origin, tribes, and language to ensure continuous improvements to immigrants’ quality of life.
African Leadership Group is an inclusive organization and we encourage all to get involved. We are excited to witness the differences our volunteers make by participating and taking a lead!
What do ALG Volunteers do?
There are many volunteer opportunities within the organization, through our 10 initiatives and programs:
- Help us with events;
- Do pro bono work;
- Coach or tutor our youth;
- Be an awareness campaign volunteer;
- Corporate/Group volunteers;
- Program/initiatives volunteers.
If you are interested in volunteering with us in any of the roles listed, please fill out the Volunteer Intent Form HERE to get started.
How do I get involved?
Depending on what kind of volunteer position you are interested in, there are some slight differences in the on-boarding process:
- One-time commitment is the quickest and easiest way to get to know us, what we do, how we do it, and whom we serve. Take a look at our event calendar HERE and fill out the Volunteer Intent Form to get started.
- If you are a lawyer, banker, expert in health, education, or other professional fields, please call our office number (303) 862-4062, or email [email protected] to connect with one of our committees to get started.
- We are always looking for people who aspire to lead change, and help young people. Please note that we require a background check for anyone who volunteers to work with our youth.
- We welcome you to be the face, voice and representation of the African Leadership Group We provide training for those who are interested in being an awareness campaign volunteer in your community.
- The African Leadership Group works with and receives support from companies and organizations such as DaVita and Denver Botanic Gardens, and we are open to what you can bring to the table. Email [email protected] to ask us about Corporate/Group volunteer opportunities.
- Interested in a specific angle to help? Our committees and programs are always looking for people who are passionate about helping others. Get connected with a committee member today.
All in all, the first step for becoming a volunteer is to fill out the Volunteer Intent Form, and someone from the ALG staff will reach out to you and help you to start volunteering.
ALG also has certain expectations of its volunteers., In some instances, this means signing a volunteer agreement.
What’s my reward for volunteering?
- The chance to meet other wonderful people;
- Putting a smile on someone’s face;
- Practicing your employable skills;
- Receiving first-hand information on events, activities, resources and other opportunities;
- ALG’s Volunteer Appreciation Award for outstanding volunteers;
- Feeling good that you are making a difference!