High school seniors with good grades should not miss this opportunity: The Daniels Fund Scholarship Program is accepting applications through October 15.
The scholarship provides recipients with funding that ranges from $30,000 over four years to a full ride for four years at certain partner colleges and universities in Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, and Utah., depending on family circumstances. It goes toward tuition, room and board, and other expenses at any accredited, nonprofit college or university in the United States. The Daniels Fund determines the precise amount of each award based on family income, as well as other scholarships and grants.
You can find the application here.
According to the Daniels Fund:
We’re looking for students with great potential, strong character, big dreams, and values that align with the man behind it all, Bill Daniels. Daniels Scholars® are America’s next generation of leaders, persevering through life’s challenges and committed to making a difference in the world around them. They are independent and entrepreneurial thinkers who are proud of their country and their communities and work hard to improve them.
Daniels Scholars are selected because they embody the criteria Bill Daniels defined for the program:
- Strength of character
- Leadership potential
- Commitment to serving their communities
- Academic performance or promise
- Well-rounded personality
- Emotional maturity and stability
Bill Daniels would also want his scholars to uphold the values that meant so much to him. Those values include ethics and integrity, honesty, respect for people, loyalty and reliability, entrepreneurial spirit, patriotism and dedication to community, commitment to excellence, and etiquette.
To qualify, students must:
- Be a graduating high school senior
- Be a resident of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, or Wyoming
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Earn a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 in high school (on an unweighted 4.0 scale)
- Earn a minimum SAT Math score of 490 and a minimum Evidence-Based Reading & Writing score of 490, or a minimum ACT score of 18 in each category (writing score not required).
- Meet financial eligibility requirements.
The African Leadership Group urges high school seniors active in our programs to take this opportunity and apply for the scholarship. Being awarded a Daniels scholarship goes a long way toward paying for college. Furthermore, it is a prestigious honor that looks great on a resume.